Thursday, August 22, 2013

24 Weeks

This week, the baby is the size of a: cantaloupe
Due date: December 12, 2013
How far along: 24 weeks
Next appointment: September 17th! I might have to reschedule when I finally get my schedule for school.  At this appointment I will be tested for gestational diabetes.  I really hope everything will be okay!
Total weight gain: 10 pounds as of my doctors appointment on August 20.  I have been checking my weight at home but it fluctuates so much that I am just going to stick to what the doctor says.
Gender: girl
Exercise: Not really anything exercising this week.  I do try and make sure I am not sitting down for too long because then it causes very bad back pain.
Stretch marks: None so far, I really need to invest in some stuff to prevent stretch marks.  I really don't want any!
Swelling: My fingers have been swelling up from the heat.
Maternity clothes: Yes.  My order from Old Navy came in on tuesday!  I got a pair of black patterned shorts, a black v-neck, a navy blouse, and a red blouse.  I absolutely adore my shorts.  I am definitely going to wear them a lot before it gets too cold to wear them!  I'm not too thrilled on my red blouse though.  It seems impossible big.  I can't imagine getting big enough to ever fill it up.  I can't decide whether to return it, exchange it, or just keep it.  I do like the other two tops though!
Belly button: Innie.  It is starting to stretch though.  I have a feeling it is never going to "pop."  I think its just going to stay in or be flat.
Sleep: Sleep has been pretty good this week!  I do want to invest in a body pillow though because I have been struggling to stay off my back while sleeping.
Food cravings and aversions: I have been craving chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk and pretzels with cheese.  Still not feeling any type of seafood.
Symptoms: Nausea, back pain, dizziness and exhaustion, same as last week.  Just not as severe.  It has been very mild.
Labor signs: too early
Movement: My Allison has been moving quite a bit!
What I miss: being able to wear my engagement ring.
What I am loving: feeling my ally kick!
What I am looking forward to: Registering for my baby shower!
Best moment of the week: I got to spend some time with my fiancé.
News: This week it was very hot so my fingers started to swell up.  I got scared that I would get my engagement ring stuck on my finger so I decided to wear it on my pinky instead.  Long story short, it stayed put all day.  I constantly checked to make sure it was still there.  Unfortunately though when we went to eat dinner at olive garden I checked my hand and my ring was not there anymore!  I worriedly asked my fiancé for the keys to his truck and hurried outside.  I kept looking at the ground to see if maybe I would come across.  I get to the car and have not found it.  I open the car get in and start looking all around.  Shortly  after, my fiancé comes out concerned and asks whats wrong.  I tell him that I have lost my ring.  He is not worried because we have insurance on it but he sees that I am distressed and practically in tears.  He got out his flash light and started to look in his truck.  Then when he couldn't find it, he instructed me to call apple because that was were we last were.  When I finally got ahold of someone at the store, I told them what happened and he went to see if anyone had turned anything in.  Unfortunately he did not find anything so I left my name and number with him.  As soon as I looked down, to my surprise I see my ring next to the truck on the ground!  I was so excited!! Even though we had insurance on my ring, it still would not be the same ring he proposed to me with.  The ring hold too much meaning for me to loose it.  Therefore I'm either going to get it sized up a half size, get a chain to wear it as a necklace, or not wear it all.  The third is definitely my least favorite!
Goals: Get prepared for school, I start on wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment